Skip to>> Competition Terms and Conditions
THIS LEGAL NOTICE APPLIES TO THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THE WEBSITE UNDER THE JOINT CONTROL OF AND THE MAIMONIDES FOUNDATION AND TO ANY CORRESPONDENCE BY EMAIL BETWEEN EDISONLEARNING LIMITED AND YOU. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING ANY OF THE WEBSITES LISTED HERE. USE OF THESE WEBSITES INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU CHOOSE TO REGISTER WITH US. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE ISSUED BY EDISONLEARNING LIMITED.
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. We will post any changes to these Terms and Conditions on this page and we will also indicate at the top of this page the date that these Terms and Conditions were last revised.
Your continued use of the service or the website after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to abide by these or any new Terms and Conditions, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the service or the websites. It is your responsibility to regularly check this page to determine if there have been changes to these Terms and Conditions and to review such changes.
Part 1 of the Terms and Conditions applies to all users of the websites listed below. However, particular services including the National Competition may also be governed by additional or alternative terms of service, which are set out in Part 2 of these Terms and Conditions and may also be provided separately, in which case please note that Part 1 of these Terms and Conditions and any additional terms (whether in Part 2 of these Terms and Conditions or provided separately) must be read together.
You should print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
PART 1 – Terms and Conditions for all users
These are the Terms and Conditions that apply to use of:
and the website from which these Terms and Conditions were accessed from (the “Websites").
Who we are
These Websites are brought to you by EdisonLearning Limited, Registered office: 1st Floor, 236 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8HL and The Maimonides Foundation of 2 Old Burlington Street, London W1S 3AD
EdisonLearning Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 04624666. Our VAT number is 810 2605 79.
The Maimonides Foundation is a registered charity No. 1044028
References to "we", "our" and "us" are references to EdisonLearning Limited and/or The Maimonides Foundation.
EdisonLearning Limited on behalf of The Maimonides Foundation provides users of this website with access to various online resources (The Service). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features of the Service will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Eligibility and supervising children
Certain aspects of the Service may require you to register and provide information about yourself. You agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by emailing us) to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
EdisonLearning Limited is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, parents or teachers who wish to allow their children or pupils access to the Service should assist them in setting up any relevant accounts and supervise their access to the Service. By allowing your child access to the Service, he/she may be able to access various services including viewing uploaded material on the Website. As you will see below, EdisonLearning Limited does not pre-screen content posted to these pages of the Website and as the legal guardian, it is therefore your responsibility to determine whether any of the Services and/or content are appropriate for your child or pupil.
An “Institution” shall mean any educational establishment that provides teaching and learning curriculum as its core functional remit and existence such as, but not limited to, schools, Local Authorities, School Groups, FE Colleges and HE universities that have chosen to use the Services brought to you by EdisonLearning Limited.
Member account, password and security
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, EdisonLearning Limited will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through the Website in accordance with strict data protection standards.
The registration processes on the Websites may involve you giving a password and account designation. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify EdisonLearning Limited of any unauthorised use of your password or account and any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. EdisonLearning Limited cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
Our Competition Section and any pages of the Websites where you are capable of posting material are provided for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions, materials and comment. You acknowledge that all information, data (including registration data), text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. EdisonLearning Limited accepts no responsibility for, and does not guarantee, the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content placed on our website by you or any third party.
You acknowledge that by using the Service, there is a risk that you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable. Please see the section below titled “Content Objections” for details of how to report such Content.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions, you should be aware that a party aggrieved by the uploading of any content which is, inter alia, defamatory or in breach of copyright, may take action and that this could result in registration data and other data concerning your identity being disclosed and your having to pay compensation to the person or company aggrieved.
You agree to not use the Service to:
• upload, post, email, PM (personal message) or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, objectionable, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise discriminatory;
• harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
• impersonate any person or entity, including, but not to, a EdisonLearning Limited or Maimonides Foundation member, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
• upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
• upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
• upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping rooms) that are designated for such purpose;
• upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
• interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
• intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law or regulation;
• collect or store personal data about other users;
• post content which refers to individual schools, colleges or agencies - or their staff - whether by name, or identifiable by a pseudonym or any other means; and/or
• advertise any job vacancies in any area of our forums (other than through a Website which is clearly designated as a recruitment service).
You acknowledge that EdisonLearming Limited does not pre-screen Content that you post on the Websites, but that EdisonLearning Limited and people designated by it shall have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor communications that occur through, and posts made to, the Websites. If EdisonLearning Limited determines, in its sole discretion, that you or another user have breached these Terms and Conditions or that any Content is inappropriate or otherwise objectionable, EdisonLearning Limited may refuse to accept or may remove any Content from the Websites, without any liability to you or a third party.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold EdisonLearning Limited and its affiliates harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, costs, claims and expenses incurred directly or indirectly (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred in connection with or arising out of your violation of these Terms and Conditions, any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third parties related to the use of the Content, our Websites, Service and tools. This indemnity includes both any liability to third parties, and other costs and losses incurred by EdisonLearning Limited.
Special warning for international use
The Websites are designed to be compliant with applicable UK & EU laws and regulations and are intended for use only by users resident in the United Kingdom. Due to the global nature of the Internet, users from all over the world may have access to the Websites, however if you are resident in a country outside of the UK you use the Websites at your own risk.
Rights in posted content
With respect to all Content you post on the Websites, you grant EdisonLearning Limited a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. With respect to all Content you post to the Websites, you hereby waive any moral rights you have in the Content. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to EdisonLearning Limited, including the execution of deeds and documents, at our request.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Content and can grant the rights set out above. You represent, warrant and undertake that: (i) use of the Content will not infringe the rights of any third parties (including that the Content or material is not defamatory); and (ii) you have obtained all rights and consents that are necessary for you to provide the Content; and (iii) you will immediately remove and notify us of any Content that does not does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or may infringe the rights of third parties. You agree to indemnify EdisonLearning Limited and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against EdisonLearning Limited or its affiliates in respect of infringement of that third party’s intellectual property rights or arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
If you object to the publication of any material placed in our forums, please let us know by clicking on the Contact Us link. This is the fastest way to notify us.
If you object to anything anywhere else on this Website, please contact us by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
General practices regarding use and storage
You acknowledge that EdisonLearning Limited may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days uploaded Content will be retained by the Service and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Service in a given period of time. You agree that EdisonLearning Limited has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that EdisonLearning Limited reserves the right to de-activate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that EdisonLearning Limited reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Modifications to service
EdisonLearning Limited reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that EdisonLearning Limited shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that EdisonLearning Limited, in its sole discretion and without liability to you or any third party, may suspend or terminate, with or without notice, the Websites and/or the Service or any part of it or any of your passwords or accounts (or any part(s) thereof or related files and information) within the Service, and may remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if EdisonLearning Limited believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions. Where there is a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the rights described in this paragraph are not EdisonLearning Limited only remedy and EdisonLearning Limited may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate in connection with such breach.
Links to other websites or resources
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because EdisonLearning Limited has no control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that EdisonLearning Limited is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that EdisonLearning Limited shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Edison Learning and The Maimonides Foundation's proprietary rights
Edison Learning Limited and The Maimonides Foundation are co-owners or the licensee of all copyright, trade mark right and/or other intellectual property rights in the Websites and the Service (including any Content made available through the Websites and/or the Service and the underlying source code) that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by third party copyrights, trade marks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
INTERFAITH EXPLORERS and the INTERFAITH EXPLORERS logo are trade marks owned by The Maimonides Foundation.
‘’EdisonLearning" is a trademark of EdisonLearning .
Without EdisonLearning Limited’s or The Maimonides Foundation prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the EdisonLearning or Interfaith Explorers Marks.
Use of Material
EdisonLearning Limited and The Maimonides Foudation grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and licence to use the Websites and the Service for their intended purpose subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions. This licence does not include the right to collect or use information contained on the Websites for any purpose not specifically listed in these Terms and Conditions, to compete with EdisonLearning Limited, to create derivative works based on the Content of the Websites, or download or copy the Websites (other than page caching). If you use the Website in a manner that exceeds the scope of this licence or you breach these Terms and Conditions, EdisonLearning may revoke the licence granted to you.
All resources, information, video, photographic and other materials presented on this website are subject to copyright, trade mark right and/or other intellectual property right owned by or licensed to EdisonLearning Limited and The Maimonides Foundation.
Educational Establishments and registered users may re-use the information on this website free of charge in any format, but you must:
• re-use the information accurately
• acknowledge the source of the information
• not re-use the information in a deliberately misleading way
• not re-use the information for promotion or advertising purposes
• not imply endorsement by EdisonLearning Limited or The Maimonides Foundation
• not mimic the style and appearance of the original information, for example by replicating the look of the Website
Images and photography
Images and photographs on this site are subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. You may re-use these images subject to the conditions listed above.
Linking to Interfaith Explorers pages
You can also link to Interfaith Explorers information pages. You don't have to ask permission to link to the website but EdisonLearning Limited can provide wording and linking graphics.
Re-using Third Party material
The permission to reproduce protected material does not extend to any material on this website that is identified as copyright of a third party. Permission to use such material must be obtained from the copyright holder concerned.
You acknowledge that, by making use of this website, you are agreeing to comply with this prohibition and that any breach thereof is likely to result in legal proceedings being issued against you.
You acknowledge that, by making use of this Website, you are agreeing to comply with this prohibition and that any breach thereof is likely to result in legal proceedings being issued against you.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
• Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. EdisonLearning Limited has made every effort to ensure that the Content on the Websites and made available through the Service is accurate and up-to-date and correct at the time of publication. However, the Websites and the Service are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for purpose of the Content provided on the Websites or through the Service or that use of the Websites will be uninterrupted, virus free or error-free. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Edison Learning Limited for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information on the Websites or available through the Service.
• The Content on the Websites and made available through the Service is for general information only and is not intended to, nor does it, constitute legal or other professional advice or services or a recommendation to purchase any product or service upon which a specific decision should be made. The information, Content of the Websites and Service do not address your particular circumstances and accordingly you should not rely upon the Content of the Websites or the Service as a substitute for proper professional advice.
• EdisonLearning Limited is not responsible for how the Content on the Websites or available through the Service is used, is interpreted or what reliance is placed on it. We do not accept any responsibility for the results of any action taken on the basis of the information provided on the Websites or available through the Service.
• Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
• No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from EdisonLearning Limited shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
You acknowledge that any Confidential Information (as defined below) which you obtain through the entering into of these Terms and Conditions and the use of the Service constitutes the valuable, confidential, proprietary information of EdisonLearning Limited and its licensors, and you agree that during the term of your use of the Service and thereafter you shall not, without our express written consent, use or disclose to any other person any such Confidential Information, except as specifically authorized under these Terms and Conditions or as required by applicable law.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, "Confidential Information" means any and all data, information, documents, software or materials relating to the business and management of EdisonLearning Limited, its users and members, affiliates, licensors or licensees, that is designated as confidential or ought reasonably to be considered confidential, including but not to: their business model and operations, processes, products, designs, pricing, promotions, business plans, business opportunities, finances, research, development, know-how, trade-secrets, training materials, personnel, clients, methodologies, Website Content belonging to others and other intellectual property.
Limitations of Liability
EdisonLearning Limited’s liability to you in contract, tort (including negligence) with regard to these Terms and Conditions, use of the Websites and/or any Service shall be no greater than £150 payable during the 3 months preceding the event giving rise to the claim.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that EdisonLearning Limited shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, nor for direct or indirect loss of profits revenue, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, opportunity, reputation, business interruption, use, data or intangible losses even if EdisonLearning
Limited has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for fraud or for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of EdisonLearning Limited.
Events outside of our Control
EdisonLearning Limited will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions or any Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
• Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
• Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
• Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
• Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
• Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
• The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
EdisonLearning Limited’s performance under any Terms and Conditions or any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance during that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Terms and Conditions or any Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
If you have any complaints about the Websites, we want to hear from you so we can improve our service. Please e-mail us email@example.com and we'll consider your comments carefully.
To the extent that either you or EdisonLearning Limited is acting as a data controller, each party shall comply with its respective obligations under the DPA. You acknowledge that EdisonLearning Limited may process personal data relating to an applicant and/or a User for its own purposes as a data controller.
To the extent that EdisonLearning Limited is processing any personal data on your behalf as a data processor, EdisonLearning Limited shall:
• implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and which provide a level of security appropriate to the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data to be protected.
• process the personal data only in accordance with your instructions (which may be specific instructions or instructions of a general nature as set out in these Terms and
Conditions or as otherwise notified to us).
To the extent that Edison Learning Limited as a data controller transfers personal data to you, you represent, warrant and undertake that:
• you will have in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and which provide a level of security appropriate to the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data to be protected;
• you have no reason to believe that any local laws are in existence that would have a substantial adverse effect on the guarantees provided for in these Terms and Conditions, and that it will promptly inform EdisonLearning Limited if it becomes aware of any such laws;
• you will identify a contact point authorised to respond to enquiries concerning processing of the personal data, and will cooperate in good faith with EdisonLearning Limited, the data subjects and the UK Information Commissioner concerning all such enquiries within a reasonable time; and
• you will process the personal data in accordance with the data processing principles set forth in the Data Protection Act 1998.
To the extent that you as data controller transfers personal data to Edison Learning Limited, you represent, warrant and undertake that:
• the personal data provided to you has been collected, processed and transferred in accordance with English law; and
• you shall respond to enquiries from data subjects and the UK Information Commissioner concerning the personal data transferred to you.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By submitting an entry to the Interfaith Explorers Competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The joint promoters (Promoters) of the Interfaith Explorers Competition are EdisonLeaning Ltd (Company number 04624666) whose main business address is The Mill House, Kings Acre, Coggleshall, Essex CO6 1NY and The Maimonides Foundation of Maimonides Foundation, Nour Foundation (UK) Ltd, 2 Old Burlington Street, London W1S 3AD.
3. To enter the Interfaith Explorers Competition you must be teacher at a school in England and Wales and have sought the permission of the Head Teacher of that school.
4. The Interfaith Explorers Competition is not open to the employees of the Promoters or to members of their immediate family.
5. The winning entry will receive an artist in residence for one month (equivalent to 20 working days) to work at their school during normal school operating hours during the Autumn Term 2014. There is one prize only. The prize is non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered. The artist is supplied courtesy of The Maimonides Foundation.
6. The competition runs from 1st June 2012 until 31st July 2014.
Closing date for entries is 31st July 2014. Entries received after the closing date will not be valid.
7. Entry to the competition is free and no proof of purchase is required.
8. Only one entry may be made per school. If it appears entrants have submitted more than one entry, then all their entries will be invalid.
9. The winner will be selected by a judging panel comprised of relevant staff from The Maimonides Foundation together with one judge who is independent to the Promoters. The decision of the judging panel is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The names of the judges are available upon request.
10. The winning entry will be chosen in accordance with the following criteria:
• the ability to clearly demonstrate impact on pupils learning (what is different as a result of using the using the resource);
• the ability to clearly demonstrate how the pupils have made use of the materials from the site; and
• the ability to make good and imaginative use of creative and visual media as part of their presentations.
11. Any entry must be original to the entrant and in no way copied or taken from any other source. The copyright in any entry submitted shall vest in the Promoters.
12. The winner will be notified by letter on or before 31st August 2014. The winner has 28 working days to confirm acceptance of their prize. If the fails to accept their prize during this period, the Promoters reserve the right to instruct the judging panel to select another winner from submissions received before the closing date.
13. No entries will be returned.
14. The winner accepts that their name, the name of their school and the county that it is located in together with their winning entry may be disclosed by the Promoters to the public.
15. The Promoters may use the personal data which you provide when you enter this competition to contact you about their products and services. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way please tick the relevant box on the online entry form.
16. The name of the winner, their school and the county the school is located in together with their winning entry will be published on the website www.interfaithexplorers.com on or before 31st August 2014.
17. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel the Interfaith Explorers Competition at any stage if it is reasonable to do so or if unforeseen circumstances arise.
18. The Promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, including substituting an alternative prize.
19. The Promoters, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
20. These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.